Exit

Search terms in WebHelp Pro using URL

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can navigate to the 'Search' tab using the following format:

http://<server>/WebHelp_Pro/Test/Start.htm#>>cmd=3>>pan=2

How can I pass along the 'search text' along with the URL so that text is searched for and the first matching result is displayed?

I am using RoboHelp 2015 to create the WebHelp Pro output.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're hosting this on a machine that's running RH Server, right? (because if you're not, you're going to have output that's optimized for RH Server)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am not using RH server. I hosted the WebPro output in a virtual directory on IIS.

So,

1) What output type do I choose to optimize it to achieve hosting in IIS as is?

2) How would the URL querystring look like? (I plan to point to this URL from different applications with different search terms possibly.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. WebHelp or Responsive HTML5 would be your normal choices

2. Not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish - most of the time you either link to the index page of the site and perform searches using the RH search functionality or you send people over to specific topic pages (referred to as Context Sensitive Help (CSH))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make users provide me a search string in a different app that I can use to search for them in the RoboHelp output.

For example if they trying to search "Donut", I want to pass "Donut" as part of query string and put that string in the textbox in 'Search' tab of the help file output and simulate clicking 'Go' button and display the first available result on right hand pane.

BTW, appreciate your real fast replies. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no idea how to do that - where did you find that "cmd 3 pan 2" stuff? Maybe it has a string to be used to accomplish what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, good - I was going to send you over to Willam's site anyway. He's not focusing on RH anymore, so getting his attention will be difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp