Exit

Secure Login Session

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2017

Version: 13.0.2.334

Our RoboHelp online help is currently not in a secure session. We have some proprietary information on our online help and would like to make it so it all hides behind a secure login session. If someone is not logged in, they should not be able to access the online help. Currently, all someone has to do is to have the link and they will be able to access everything.

I have been told by our web developers that RoboHelp is only an HTML Authoring tool and we are unable to create a secure session. I've been told that we will need to find another solution to develop our online help. We have sunk several years into using RoboHelp and would like to continue using it. I'm sure we are not the only company to have run into an issue like this. If you have made your online help secure, please help by explaining how you did it.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I'm missing something, but if your online output isn't secure, isn't that a function of where you've posted it?

Are you looking to create a secure editing session (perhaps via VPN)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We require a login to get into our system, but the online help is a separate link. We linked the online help to our system but once inside, anyone can take the link and send it to others to view.

We are looking to secure this behind a login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe this is all up to your web administrator. If the user has to log in before they can use the app, shouldn't the help system also reside perhaps as a sub folder of where the app lives? And if that's the case, the only way the help should be accessed would be behind the same login that prevents the app from being used until credentials are supplied.

The fact you are saying that users can access the help without a login seems to suggest your Web folks haven't configured permissions correctly.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

I have been told that they cannot configure permissions for RoboHelp. If this is incorrect, would you be able to explain how to achieve this?

Francine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Rick is still correct - if your html pages and folders that make up your help are located within your secure server space, they should also be covered, but there is a native RH solution - create WebHelp Pro and host it on a RoboHelp Server instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and as an additional point - if your help is already up there, your competitors already know all about it, so there's very little point in trying to keep things closed. Even then, people will still find out. There has been much debate in the Tech Writing world about open vs. closed help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(requires acquisition of RoboHelp Server)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp