Exit

Security on .htm file

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Robohelp 11.

Why when i import a new word file in my project, the software create the .htm file with a full contol security of my user ? and do not autorise anyone else (like autheticated users).

My problem is when my colleague logon into my computer and use Robohelp, he cannot see or modify those file.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think Rh would import a Word document if it is protected, even for the authorised user. Even if it did, the HTM file would not have the same protection.

You are saying that if you logon with your credentials you can see the content of the HTM file but if your colleague signs in, he cannot, correct? Is he signing in with his logon? Where is the project, on a local drive or a network drive.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is local on the computer. The word file is on a share network. When i import it in the project 2 files are create: a .css and a .htm.  The .css is create with users right in read and execute mode, and authenticated user with modify mode.  BUT,  the .htm is created with only my user credential with full control mode.  So when my colleague open a session on my computer and use Robohelp to modify my project all those file are not accessible.

It look like when the .htm is create, it disable the inheritance on the file.

I hope it's more clear...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the absence of anyone else here having other ideas, I think this must be

something to do with how IT have set up permissions.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the project is stored somewhere like the Desktop or Documents folder, then I think this is a private user location (It translates to C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\<some path>)

Libraries.png

Try moving or creating the project in C:\RH_projects (or similar - something straight off C drive) and check if they can see the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is created directly in a folder on the C:\ drive. I've grant administrator right to the two users, and if any of those import a new files in the project, the other cannot see it.

In the installation process of Robohelp, is there a choice for all users or only me installation ? Maybe the installation was done for single user only. That's why the .htm is create with full control access for the user.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoboHelp is a single user licence so I suspect that is your problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp