Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SEO friendly html output

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you can help.

We are currently using Robohelp 10 for the help pages for our company's software - specifically the Multiscreen HTML 5 output.

My understanding from our developers is the HTML outputted in this fashion is of a type which apparently is somewhat longwinded, and which therefore has a negative effect on the outputted pages' SEO ranking.

Therefore, is there a way to generate SEO friendlier html output?

They are thinking of processing the html in house, so therefore can Robohelp (i.e. does this version, or newer versions) output to formats which they have described to me as 'semantic output formats' such as json, markdown and wiki syntax?

As always, thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.

Dan Wait

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second patch just released for RH2015 includes the creation of a sitemap for your WebHelp. My understanding is that Google looks for site maps to aid it in searching your site & promoting your ranking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Thank you very much for the response.

My understanding from our developers is that this would help to a degree, although it would still (apparently!) leave the issue with the somewhat verbose html.

Thanks again for your help

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Note that this only applies to the most recent RoboHelp version. The initial post indicated RoboHelp 10. And Multiscreen output is a bit of a Hydra with loads of files created as it repeats the help system for each screen profile defined.

I'd definitely investigate RoboHelp (2015 Release) and opt for Responsive. I believe that's where the sitemap will come into play and it should also dramatically reduce the number of output files.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant - thanks Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main problem is not the sitemap but the pages with redirections (excluded by Google). And there is a lot of javascript redirection and frame in order to build the page.

This is still a problem for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zakwil​ - are you using the Responsive HTML5 output or WebHelp for your output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Responsive HTML5 output on RH17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, maybe you should start a new thread over in the HTML5 forum - maybe some of the gurus over there would have suggestions on SEO optimization techniques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp