• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set multiple styles to a single RH style on word import

Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Used to use RH for a while on version 8. Now back to use it again with 2015 but I'm a bit rusty.

I've set up my new project, created my CSS just how I want it with the styles I've got. My Word doc has several styles that I want to bring in to a single style in RH. e.g. I have 3 'versions' of a normal style that I want to all map to a single RH style.

Not sure if this is possible, or if I have to cleanse the whole Word file instead of all these style variations. The option to select a CSS for Style Mapping when running the word import is always greyed out so I can't select my own CSS here, only the RHStyleMapping.css.

Ideas? Or do I have to spend some time cleaning Word docs?

Thanks,

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

You can select the stylesheet in the Project Settings dialog box. In RH11 it was File > Project Settings, but I'm not sure how to get to it in RH2015. Hopefully the RH11 details give you enough to figure out where to look.

Also, read Peter's guide to importing.

Importing and Linking Word Documents

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm guessing there is no mapping for list styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select the stylesheet in the Project Settings dialog box. In RH11 it was File > Project Settings, but I'm not sure how to get to it in RH2015. Hopefully the RH11 details give you enough to figure out where to look.

Also, read Peter's guide to importing.

Importing and Linking Word Documents

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no mapping for single level lists but you can map multi level lists. There is no rule that you cannot use just the first level of a multi level list so that it is technically a multi level list but is used as a single level list.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - I bit the bullet and just re-did the lists in RH. Easier than constant faffying with Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp