• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting to Change Width of Topic

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, I imported several Word documents to create topics for my RoboHelp project. Recently, I had to import a new Word document, using the same Word template I'd created. However, when I imported it, I noticed that once imported, that topic width was only half of that of the previous topic. Why did this happen? How can I fix it so it's consistent with the others?

This is how all the other topics look and how the new one should look:

Correct topic width.JPG

This is how the new topic looks:

Incorrect topic width.JPG

It almost looks like it's been mobile optimized, reformatted for an iPhone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the output - you need to have a look at your RH topics to look at one that is "right" and one that is "wrong" to figure out what snuck in on your recent import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New one on me.

Double check page size of doc and template.

Check HTML of topic.

Temporarily apply a different CSS.

Pray.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the content is in a table, you might just need to right-click on the table and select AutoFit > AutoFit to window. This will set the width to 100%. Otherwise you can set a specific width in the Table Properties dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandra. You have marked a couple of replies as helpful but has the problem been solved?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet but I am documenting everything I've tried. I'll let you know once it's resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been resolved. The issue was that, at some point, I must have inadvertently saved one of my Word documents as a .doc (the old file format of MS Word) instead of a .docx document, and was then continuing to import .doc files into RoboHelp. That was why my new topics weren't displaying properly; docx is a much better output format.

The RoboHelp topics I'd created previously, which were fine, were all .docx. So now I am careful to use only .docx files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp