Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Review not working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having an untold number of problems with RH2020 - and had just as many problems with RH2019.

Has anyone had any issues with getting Share for Review to work? After looking at Peter's guidance, I notice my 'Share' box is lacking options. When I try to start the review session, it says 'Unable to start sharing':

adamm45990798_0-1594982946865.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Just checking to see if you have "Creative cloud for Desktop App installed" and did you sign in using the same user as RH ?

thanks

Amitoj SIngh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you clicked the Create button? That's when you see the other options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks as always Peter.

I have, then get 'Unable to start sharing'. I've contacted technical support as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking to see if you have "Creative cloud for Desktop App installed" and did you sign in using the same user as RH ?

thanks

Amitoj SIngh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't! I'll install it now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem, and it sounds like installing the CC desktop app fixes it.  Does this mean I need to purchase Creative Cloud in order for RoboHelp to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohnStonecypher No. You don't have have to purchase the suite. The desktop app is separate and free.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked - Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, what are currently the Prerequisites for this Reviews functionality?

Do reviews need to have an Adobe acount or install Creative Cloud?

Does the project itself need to be on some cloud or it can be installed locally on a computer?

Thanks a lot. (Thank you for you site content - have been able to find webinars - love them a lot)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure that's covered in the RoboHelp Tour on my site. I am unable to look into further right now. Pretty sure they need an account but it costs nothing. It's for security. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Inna Iak_ko  - see Peter's RH2022 Tour - https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2022/reviewing/reviewing.htm - it discusses reviewer credentials. The RH project is fine being local on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link for anyone else needing to install.

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop/pdp/creative-cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That said, I'm having an issue where, once I've started sharing a review - including setting who's invited etc - those settings are no longer accessible after clicking away from that tab.

So, where I could once see those settings and the live link, it reverts to this: 

adamm45990798_0-1594999522945.png

Is that how it should behave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should come back if you click the Share button again.

It's all explained in the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please click on Create and you would be all set up. 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, to clarify:

1. I create a review
  2. Configure it.
  3. Works fine.
  4. Click to another tab or part of the system.
  5. When I go back to that review and click 'Share' those settings have gone?
  6. If I click Create again, it re-introduces those settings - but with all my configurations wiped out.
  7. Rinse and repeat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, can you please log a bug on tracker.adobe.com around the same, we can look into this for an upcoming update and fix it there.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select some topics before configuring?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I did. The actual review shars and is perfectly fine. But the settings vanish after the fact, rendering it fairly useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please clarify is it just the settings when you click Share that are missing or is it that if you close RoboHelp and reopen it, the whole review is missing?

If you haven't tried the latter, please do so and let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More often than not, I have problems with it. Adobe has been promoting it hard on the InDesign splash screen. Now I'm embarrassed because I talked my team into using it. Most times I try to update the link, i get an endless spinning circle with no indication of what it's doing. For older links, forget it. You have to delete the link and start over. Duplicating files also causes conflicts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. This happen every single time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ShaneH Are you having problems with Review in RoboHelp or InDesign. It sounds like that latter but you have posted in the Robohelp forum where we cannot help with other products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zeckstein You will have to tell us more than that. What exactly is happening for you and what update do you have applied (see the Help menu).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp