• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing a RoboHelp 2020 project via Dropbox

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team uses RoboHelp 2020 and we're trying to share a project using Dropbox, because our VPN access is too slow (and we're not interested in version control at this time). It works somewhat, but it takes a really long time (~18 minutes) for the project to open and read all the files. Does anybody have any tips or tricks on how to work with Dropbox?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Dropbox successfully but the scenario was with me in the UK and the other person in the US so we were effectively on different shifts.

It also sounds like you have a fundamental network issue as both your VPN and Dropbox are taking long times. Are you all connected direct to Dropbox with decent bandwidth?

In terms of working with Dropbox ignoring the speed issues you will need to be very disciplined as to which topics/folders you each work on. Do you have some online means of communicating that is quick? I'm thinking maybe a Google Doc where you can each post what you are doing. Not sophisticated but it might avoid treading on each others toes.

Above all keep backing up.

Note this is not something I am recommending, just trying to help if you go that route.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I'm glad to know we're not totally off the mark here. It's a small team and we keep in close touch via Slack, so I think we can stay out of each other's way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Peter, I had a project where I was in Canada and the other person working on the project was in Pakistan. We used the "hot potato" method of ownership - when Canada had to work on the project, Pakistan would zip it up & stick it on a network drive for Canada's retrieval to their local drive; when Canada was finished, the project was zipped up & passed back to Pakistan. Worked quite well since we were on different time zones and schedules. We could have used Dropbox as the intermediate location, but we already had a common network location that supported FTP upload/download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp