• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I report as a bug? Or is there a patch?

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Robohelp 2017 (13.0.0.257). It seems to me that I had an upgrade in the last week or two, but I can't be sure with all the upgrades I went through recently. At any rate, this problem has just begun to happen.

When I highlight text in a topic and drag another topic name from the Table of Contents to create a link, Robohelp has always created a link to that file name. Recently it has begun to randomly create a path to the file on my C:\ drive, so I'm the only one that can use the links. This doesn't happen 100% of the time. In fact, we tested it doing exactly the same steps (highlight, click, drag) and the first time we got a C:\ directory link. Seconds later, the link was fine with just the file name. So now I have to check the properties of every link I create that way to make sure Robohelp applied it correctly.

Is this already known? If so, is there a patch? Or should I report it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be missing a patch (or 2) - check if Help > Updates produces anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the update, and the first link I tried to create posted the topic with a relative link: ..\..\file.htm. It no longer pointed directly to C:\, but I'm not sure if a two-layer relative link is going to display a topic (do you know?)

Then I tried multiple times, and it linked correctly with just the file name. If I need to report this, how do I do it? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you the original poster with a different login or is this a separate problem?

In the topic with the link, ..\..\ indicates the target of the link is two folders up from the topic. If that's the case, it is correct. Generate an output or just preview the topic with the link and test the link.

If the path is wrong, it might be worth creating a new simple project to see if that has similar issues.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not something I have seen reported but, as Jeff says, you appear to be missing updates. That you must address before you can report anything.

After applying Update 2 (it includes 1), if that doesn't fix things, which I doubt it will, delete the CPD file and reopen the project.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp