Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Showing the navigation panel by default for single topics in Responsive HTML

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello RH experts,

This week, my RoboHelp Responsive HTML5 output no longer shows the navigation panel (TOC) by default when you open a single topic. Instead, it has the word, Show at the top of the page. Previously, the entire help frameset appeared when you opened a single topic, and that's the behavior we want. I have not changed any project settings (that I'm aware of). HOWEVER, I did apply a RoboHelp software update last week....

Can someone enlighten me about how to turn Show Navigation off and on for Responsive HTML5 output? I haven't been able to find the option in the output settings.

Environment:

Windows 7

RoboHelp 2015 build 12.0.4.460

Responsive HTML5 (output)

FrameMaker 2015 build 13.0.5.574 (source)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like you’re calling CSH help as opposed to the full index.html page – did the call to the help change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff,

No, the call to the help didn't change. And on my local device, when I double-click an HTML topic to open it, it opens with the Show button. The help I generated last week launches the navigation pane automatically.

-Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with my HTML5 output. Does anybody have any further information that might assist?

As Kate mentioned, I'm pretty sure that this worked in past ...

Thanks

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there's been some flip-flopping on Adobe's part in handling CSH launches of HTML5 help - see this thread - Re: Since recent 4.01 update, opening page in a new window displays page and Show link, rather than ...  and this one - Re: Context Help broken in Robohelp 2017?

Add your voice to the bug logged on the second one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff. I just finished reading that thread ...

The script that William provided in that thread gets me close to where I need to be. I will respond there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp