• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sidebar toc and Home page navigation tiles. How do I determine which topics are included / excluded from both?

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been using the Indigo HTML 5 layout for a year now and have just noticed some of the new topics I am creating are not being listed in the sidebar toc. Also, as I am creating new "top level" sections"  I might need to add some more topics  "Tiles" to the Home (top level) page of my generated help. I worked out how to set all of this up 1 year ago and quite frankly I've forgotten how it's done.

Could somebody remind me how / where to do this? I'm sure I'll slap myself when I'm reminded!

Thanks

John V

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Sorry to ask this but you have said you created the topics but you do not say you added them to the TOC. I don't mean to insult you but that has happened.

The second part sounds like you just need to drag those topics to where you want them in the TOC. A screenshot might help here.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to ask this but you have said you created the topics but you do not say you added them to the TOC. I don't mean to insult you but that has happened.

The second part sounds like you just need to drag those topics to where you want them in the TOC. A screenshot might help here.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tee hee (blushes)

Ill check and get back to you on that.

I've tended to just organise all my topics in project manager and link em all up like a website. I've only used the TOC to produce pdfs occasionally on request so its probably out of date! As I'm working on a massive project, just creating topics, linking them up and and chucking them in folders, its easy to forget aspects of RH I haven't given any thought or consideration to since the early days.

Til next time

Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter

That was indeed the problem. And the solution.

Regards

JV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reminds me of the time I swore at the printer until the person sitting behind my machine suggested plugging in the printer cable!

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've all been there one time I asked a handful of colleagues on neighbouring desks "Who pinched my biro?" before one pointed out it was behind my ear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp