• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippets moving when upgrading project to RoboHelp 2020

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am upgrading a large-ish project from Robohelp 2017 to Robohelp 2020, where I have used snippets extensively. However, the snippets are moving to outside of lists when they have been placed in lists.

Here's an example:

In 2017:

<ol style="list-style: decimal;">
<li><p><a href="javascript&colon;BSSCPopup('../PopupTopics/Opening_Account_Data.htm');"
id="a1">Open Account Data for the job</a>.</p></li>
<li><p><span>Click </span><span class="Button-Menu">Design Data</span><span>
in the left menu.<br />
</span><span class="NoAction">The Overall section will be automatically
selected.</span></p></li>
<?rh-placeholder type="snippet" ref="JobTemplateDesignDataOverall" ?>
</ol>

inside the JobTemplateDesignDataOverall snippet, I have a bunch of list items, but I removed the <OL> tags from the snippet, so that it could be placed within an existing list at any point. In this instruction, it needs to be step 2. In another, it might need to be step 4.

In 2020:

<div data-conref="../assets/snippets/JobTemplateDesignDataOverall.hts"></div>
<ol style="list-style: decimal;">
<li>
<p><a data-rhwidget="HyperlinkPopover" href="../PopupTopics/Opening_Account_Data.htm">Open Account Data for the job</a>.</p>
</li>
<li>
<p><span>Click </span><span class="Button-Menu">Design Data</span><span> in the left menu.</span><br/>
<span class="NoAction">The Overall section will be automatically selected.</span></p>
</li>
</ol>

From what I'm seeing, I'm assuming that Robohelp is now has different rules for HTML lists that it's checking. It doesn't see <li> tags around an item within an <OL> section, so it's ditching it.

If this is the case, do you have any suggestions for how to either set this up properly in 2017, so that it converts nicely.... or how I can adjust this in 2020 so that the snippet works and the list numbering is correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

The coding for snippets in 2020 has changed as you can now insert snippets in line. Try creating a list and then inserting a snippet.

If that works the upgrade fail needs to be reported. That will not give you a fix though it might be a manual job, assuming what I have suggested works. I think it should. Let us know for anyone else who sees this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this in RH2019 Classic and am getting the same behaviour.

I also tried putting the snippet inside an li (even though it would give incorrect results in Classic) but the snippet was still moved above the list it was supposed to be in.

I think I would log a bug here: https://tracker.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the bug item here when you've logged it so others can vote (this will break my projects badly when I'm finally confident about switching).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug logged. Please vote away: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-8281

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The coding for snippets in 2020 has changed as you can now insert snippets in line. Try creating a list and then inserting a snippet.

If that works the upgrade fail needs to be reported. That will not give you a fix though it might be a manual job, assuming what I have suggested works. I think it should. Let us know for anyone else who sees this thread.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, if I delete and reinsert the snippet, it works fine. If I try to move it into the list by dragging it or moving the code, it does not work.

I'll log it. I guess I have a very slow workaround as a worst case. 

Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp