Highlighted

Snippets not being created

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2019.0.9

When I create Snippets they do not appear in the Snippets pane as demonstrated in the following screenshot. Does anyone else have this issue?

We are due a RoboHelp update, does anyone know when it is coming?

Kind regards

Michelle

snippets.png

TOPICS
Documentation, New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Snippets not being created

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2019.0.9

When I create Snippets they do not appear in the Snippets pane as demonstrated in the following screenshot. Does anyone else have this issue?

We are due a RoboHelp update, does anyone know when it is coming?

Kind regards

Michelle

snippets.png

TOPICS
Documentation, New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snippets are working correctly and I think they have from the beginning. Does this occur if you create a new project just to test?

The RoboHelp Reimagined sample project has information about how to create Snippets. Just double check you are doing the right thing.

Let us know if that helps.

www.grainge.org

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it with a new project before I posted here. I will double check to see if I am creating them correctly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 0
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had this as well at some point. Creating new snippets just didn't do anything at all IIRC.

My workaround was open the folder in Windows explorer, and copy an existing snippet to another file name. This will show up in the GUI and then you can edit it from there. Not ideal, but it works 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give that a go, thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the creation process as outlined in the RoboHelp documentation and the snippets are not created as expected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a Snippets folder, where should it be?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 0
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

\contents\assets\snippets

If there are no snippets you might need to create this folder yourself.

The files have .hts extensions.

Here's an example of what should be in it, so you can create the initial file yourself.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 2019" />
<title>title of the snippet</title>
<meta name="topic-status" content="Draft" />
</head>
<body>
<p>aa</p>
</body>
</html>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround helped me create a snippet outside of RoboHelp and to use it in topics in my project. However, I cannot create snippets in the RoboHelp IDE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 0
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just copy the file as many times as you need using Windows Explorer, and then use the IDE to edit them. Depends on your number of snippets if this is a workable workaround or not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 1