Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippets not being created

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2019.0.9

When I create Snippets they do not appear in the Snippets pane as demonstrated in the following screenshot. Does anyone else have this issue?

We are due a RoboHelp update, does anyone know when it is coming?

Kind regards

Michelle

snippets.png

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm that's a bit strange. I've tested myself now with 

C:\Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest\Foooooooooooooooooooooor\A_Loooooooooooooooooooooooonggggggggggg\Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath\RoboHelp_Reimagined

with a long path and some underscores, and the snippet creation still works for me. 

The use of unicode characters also works fine, when I use the folder RöbōHelp_Rëïmägined, it still creates snippets just fine.

When I make the path even longer:

C:\Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest\Fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor\A_Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonggggggggggg\Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath\RoboHelp____________________________Reimagined

The project doesn't open at all, I get into the project opening splash page when I double-click on the project file. So when a path actually is too long , the project has bigger problems than creating snippets.

I hope this gives the troubleshooters some extra data to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best practices in RH-land have always been to keep things short - c:\projects\<project_name>\ - for minimal issues. 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MDDwork My apologies. I must sit nearer the screen. 🙂 I will let Adobe know about the underscores.

@Erwin Wondering if you exceeded Windows limit of 256 characters. Nobody can get around that.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MDDwork. Adobe do not think the underscores should give problems. Please try with a project close to the root of the drive. C:\MyTestProject for example.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp