Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippets or topic preview crashing Robohelp

Participant ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Like many of us these days I'm working from home remotely over a VPN. My projects are created in Robohelp 2019  Classic (which has the latest updates installed), and they are all on my C drive in the office.

My problem is that every time I try to preview a topic OR do anything at all with a snippet, the application crashes.  These were working ok when I was last in the office. I did occasionally work from home too in the past and they were fine then. 

Obviously I can generate the project to preview a topic but this is time consuming. I can also copy existing snippets (which we change to HTML text once in place - we only use them for the note/caution icon associated with them) - but this is also more long-winded.

Can anyone help or is this just something I'll have to put up with until I'm back in the office?

Thanks

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anything changed with how you work from home now compared to before? For example, did you always use this VPN? Do you now have a laptop at home but before you used to use your own computer to remote into the one at work?

If your setup for accessing work is exactly the same, you could try closing the project, deleting the .cpd file and reopening the project. That sometimes fixes weird issues.

There is one minor bug that can sometimes affect your project when you do this but it's simple to resolve. Occasionally files such as css or individual images no longer show up in your project explorer. If this happens to you, just create a new folder in your project explorer, and the missing files should show up again. You can then delete the folder you just created - it just forces RH to refresh it's database, as near as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amebr

Thanks for your reply. My setup is exactly the same as before, except for more people now using the VPN.

Early this morning, before most people started work, I deleted the .cpd file, as you suggested - the snippets now work, but the Preview Topic (which I needed more!) still crashes the project. It's not absolutely crucial though, so I'll just continue without the previews, and hope that it starts working again once back in the office.

Many thanks

Laura

Moderator Note -  Personal information removed. Please ensure it is not included when replying by email, unless you like emails from solicitors telling you they are holding millions for you in exchange for an admin charge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp