Exit

Some Chapters are not getting included when we generate a project in MS-Word

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I use Adobe RoboHelp Classic 2019. 

We use .chm as our primary output and for some other requirements, we also print the project in MS-Word.

Recently, I noticed some of the chapters aren't getting included in the Word output. 

Does anyone have any pointers as to what may be the reason?

Regards,

Ranjit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check. Anything different about the content that missing? Does it appear in your CHM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I wasn't, I've updated the application.

Still after generating the output some of the chapters are missing in the Word output and yes, they do appear in the .CHM. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, did you update the print layout in the Word SSL? It doesn't automatically update to match your table of contents - you have to re-add the table of contents when you make changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr, 

I haven't done this before. I've tried to look into Outputs (SSL) and the Print Document dialog box to see how to go about updating the print layout, but I haven't been able to figure out what I need to do exactly.

The ToC is already selected from the drop-down in the Print Document. What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TOC in the print layout is not synced to your main TOC. It copies it when the print layout is created but then it is a separate TOC. Updating your main TOC does not update the print layout.

Have you checked the TOC in the print layout actually contains these topics?

The books should have a turquoise highlight if all the topics in it are in the Chapter Layout column. If not, it means the book or some of the topics in it are not selected to print.

Check the TOC in the left panel of the second page of the print layout.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To expand on Peter's explanation, you check what is being included on the second page of the dialog box. That's where you configure what is called the "Chapter Layout".

The left side will show the toc you selected on page one (collapsed). The right side will display the topics currently selected to generate to Word.

If you expand the left side, books and pages shaded in blue are include on the right side and will generate into the Word doc, while unshaded books and pages aren't included.

You can drag and drop missing books and topics into the right side. You might do this if the print toc needs to be a bit different from your online toc, or if the changes are minor.

Or if the print toc should be exactly the same as your online toc, you can remove the current "chapter layout" using the Remove All button, then add your online toc using the Add All button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp