Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some pages are not displayed in Robohelp 11

Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Robohelp 11 I am experimenting that some pages aren’t showed either in the Robohelp’s preview or in the browsers.

I have seen in the output file some code lines and scripts that I am sure Robohelp added by itself.  I am experimenting that some pages are showed with that “extra” code lines and some do not.

In some cases, if I delete the code of that file, the pages are showed in a normal way.

In the beginning I was sure that the problem was due to the added code in the files, but when I copy and paste some pages with the problem, the pasted page (the new page) doesn’t have any problem and it is showed in a normal way. And also if I compare the html output of both pages, it is the same.

This is the code which I am talking about:

<style type="text/css">

/*<![CDATA[*/

<!--

div.WebHelpPopupMenu { position:absolute;

left:0px;

top:0px;

z-index:4;

visibility:hidden; }

p.WebHelpNavBar { text-align:right; }

-->

/*]]>*/

</style>

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">

//<![CDATA[

function reDo() {

if (innerWidth != origWidth || innerHeight != origHeight)

location.reload();

}

if ((parseInt(navigator.appVersion) == 4) && (navigator.appName == "Netscape")) {

origWidth = innerWidth;

origHeight = innerHeight;

onresize = reDo;

}

onerror = null;

//]]>

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2">

//<![CDATA[

<!--

var linkedScrollbarStyle = "<link rel='stylesheet' href='../../../../../wf_topics.css'>";

if( (!isTopicOnly()) &&(parent.gbFHPureHtml == null) )

{

document.write(linkedScrollbarStyle);

}

//-->

//]]>

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="../../whmsg_nc.js" charset="utf-8">

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="../../whver_nc.js" charset="utf-8">

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="../../whutils_nc.js" charset="utf-8">

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="../../whproxy_nc.js" charset="utf-8">

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="../../whlang_nc.js" charset="utf-8">

</script>

//<![CDATA[

<!--

if (window.gbWhTopic)

{

var strUrl = document.location.href;

var bc = 0;

var n = strUrl.toLowerCase().indexOf("bc-");

if(n != -1)

{

document.location.href = strUrl.substring(0, n);

bc = strUrl.substring(n+3);

}

addTocInfo("Servicios\nAutorización Débitos Automáticos\nOpciones\nAplazamientos");

addButton("show",BTN_TEXT,"Show","","","","",0,0,"../../../../whd_show0.gif","../../../../whd_show2.gif","../../../../whd_show1.gif");

addButton("hide",BTN_TEXT,"Hide","","","","",0,0,"../../../../whd_hide0.gif","../../../../whd_hide2.gif","../../../../whd_hide1.gif");

addButton("prev",BTN_TEXT,"<<","","","","",0,0,"../../../../whd_prev0.gif","../../../../whd_prev2.gif","../../../../whd_prev1.gif");

addButton("next",BTN_TEXT,">>","","","","",0,0,"../../../../whd_next0.gif","../../../../whd_next2.gif","../../../../whd_next1.gif");

document.write("<p style=\"text-align:right\"> ");

AddMasterBreadcrumbs("../../../../Ayuda.htm", "", ">", "Home", "../../../LIM/Lim_NEW/Parametros_/Rechazar.htm");

document.write("<a href=\"../../../ACV/Cuentas_de_Valores/ACV.htm\">Servicios<\/a> > <a href=\"Autorización_Débito_Automático.htm\">Autorización Débitos Automáticos<\/a> > <a href=\"Por_enviar.htm\">Opciones<\/a> > Aplazamientos<\/p>");

}

else

if (window.gbIE4)

document.location.reload(); 

onLoadHandler = function()

{

if (window.setRelStartPage)

{

setTimeout("setRelStartPage('../../../../Ayuda.htm');", 1)

setTimeout("UpdateBreadCrumbsMarker();", 1);

}

}

if (window.addEventListener){ 

window.addEventListener('load', onLoadHandler, false);  

} else if (window.attachEvent){ 

window.attachEvent('onload', onLoadHandler); 

}

function onSetStartPage()

{

autoSync(0);

sendSyncInfo();

sendAveInfoOut();

}

//-->

//]]>

</script>

//<![CDATA[

<!--

if (window.writeIntopicBar)

writeIntopicBar(4);

//-->

//]]>

</script>

My questions are:

1. What is the utility of the code that robohelp add, is it necessary?

2. There are some way to avoid robohelp add this code to html output, with some configuration of robohelp?

3. Why duplicating a page, the new works correctly and the other don’t, when both html outputs are the same?

I think that the problem may be due to an update of Robohelp, since previously it did not present the problem, and only happens with some pages of the project. I appreciate the help you can give me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that code from the source topic or the output topic? If it is in the source, then someone has imported an output page. Likely you are seeing some red squares if it is in a source topic.

The extra code added in output topics is to make the page render in the various pages. RoboHelp has always worked that way.

When you copy from an output topic into a source topic you are likely doing it in a way that only picks up the text and not the extra code.

If that is what you have done my site has a link to Rick Stone's manual solution and Willam van Weelden's script (not free).

I'll add the link shortly.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This looks like a WebHelp output file that has managed to find its way back into the source files.

See if the article linked below helps you solve it.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/reverse_engineering/reverse_engineering.htm

on my site. That links to Rick's page, the free method, and Willam's

script, not free but quicker.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers!. I think this was the problem. I will follow the tutorial to restore the project or buy the William's script, and then I communicate you if those solutions works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think this can be a Robohelp bug?. The problem is that the project in which this happened is a customer's project, and they say that the project started to fail suddenly, without making any changes. For this reason we thought it might be due to an update from Robohelp. Is possible that it is a Robohelp bug? Or it is a user caused problem (like when someone has imported pages)? I have not try yet any of the above solutions suggestions because my customers want to know more before take any option and they don't want this happend again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo, nearly a month elapsed since the last communication.

Does that mean you corrected issues earlier and are now seeing them again? Or did you just abandon it for about a month and now we are back to trying to troubleshoot the same issue?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, my bad. Just saw the full response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as something being a RoboHelp bug, sure, anything is possible. But I'm going to say that it's not likely. Why? Well, if it were, we would be seeing all sorts of reports from all over the place where folks are seeing the same behavior. And the fact is, we aren't. This thread seems to be the only such report.

So that leaves us with this issue. It's likely related to this project.

How can we test that? Well, it's pretty easy. Open one of the Sample projects and generate that. Do things work then? If so, yep, it's your project at issue and not RoboHelp generically.

Click here if you are unsure how to open one of the sample projects

If the same thing happens with the sample projects, well, it could be RoboHelp or it could be a browser setting or update.

My own gut feeling on this one is that you will find somebody slipped up and managed to overwrite project source files with modified output files. (It happens more often than you would think)

Or, the browser was updated to a different version and suddenly things that worked fine in the older browser are now failing abruptly.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With your answer I think my customers can already make a decision. I think the same as you, it is likely that someone changed the project, and with your answer I can be more certain that this is what happened. I will try all your suggestions. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp