Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some topics in TOC not showing in output

Contributor ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everyone.

When I generate output of my TOC, the first 2 tiles reflect the TOC. But then Tile 3 skips ahead in the TOC by 12 topics (and 2 books), to Topic 15.  

This TOC seems completely messed up in other ways, too. Most strange of all is that, I initially deleted topics 3 - 15 in an unrelated effort to find a "bad" topic that was preventing me from generating output. After finding the offending topic, I wanted to go back to reintroduce the topics I deleted. Those deleted topics each had a red "x" next to it. I intended to reintroduce each topic that had a red X. But after reintroducing the first of these and pressing ctrl + S,  all the red x's disappeared.

Okay...  Those topic titles remained in the TOC, but now with no red X. (See screenshot.)

Topics in TOC do not display in output.PNG

Maybe their presence is just an empty "shell"; maybe they're not really "there." I generate the output, and, sure enough, the output does not display those topics. Fine. 

However, I reintroduce several of the actual topics to the TOC and delete the corresponding "shells." And the output still skips over the newly replaced topics.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Tiles are top level books only. When you click ETF Culture, you will then get a second home page unless you use one of the techniques I have already covered.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the first home page has tiles for ETF Culture and then ETF Workplace Policies?

Can you somehow make it clearer using screenshots what differences there are between the source TOC and what the user sees?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter.

I'm glad you asked me to elaborate. In writing this up, I've realized my error. I now realize the output is set up to only represent top-level books on the home page. 

Is it possible to have 2nd-level books to also appear in tiles on the home page?  In my screenshot below, the 2nd-level books are "What We Do" and "How We Do It..."

Thank you!

Martin

Topics in TOC do not display OUTPUT vs TOC.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiles are top level books only. When you click ETF Culture, you will then get a second home page unless you use one of the techniques I have already covered.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Thank you, Peter.

We can close this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Threads don't close. They remain for others who have much the same problem but can't resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp