Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source Files missing, Only Webhelp

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't have any source files. I just have the WebHelp folder only.

This link Reverse Engineering  did not do much help as i have more than 200 files or topics.

And each file has hyperlink and cross-references which are not working.

My actual concern is the webhelp that I have is not compatible to IE edge. I found a .js but for that i need to generate the output again. For that I need to open my project file.

I saw a good way to open a .chm file in RH and edit it.

Can someone please help me out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You likely need to visit Willam's site and acquire his Project Recovery Script.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem and found a way to rebuild a project fairly quickly. I had compiled html5 files and a project from an earlier release.

This what I did:

1. Create a new project. Give it the same name as the lost project.
  2. Import the .htm topic files into the new project.
  3. Copy the files containing the index (*.hhk), TOC (*.hhc) and  glossary (*.glo) from the project of the old version into the new project.
  4. Use the Broken Links report to find and fix broken links.
  5. Compare the TOC in the new project with the TOC of the webhelp files. If you find any differences between them, manually change the TOC in the new project to make the TOC of the webhelp files.

If you don't have an old version, you will need to rebuild the TOC manually to match the TOC of the webhelp files. The Index Wizard is a quick way to build an acceptable index. Glossary entries can be created quickly by manually adding a new glossary term in the new project , opening the webhelp files, and copy-and-pasting the definition from the webhelp into the new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you import output topics into RoboHelp, you will have to clean them up, as RoboHelp adds lots of script when creating the output. Please see Rick's site for a step by step guide: RoboWizard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp