• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spell Check not working in individual topics

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp HTML, version 8. I am able to Spell Check All Topics and Spell Check Project, but the Spell Check function is not working.

I have the topic open in Design view and I can see a misspelled word. I have tried the following:

• Press F7 to spell check
  • Select Tools>Spell Check
  • Highlighted the affected word and tried both of the above.
  • Turned off "Check Spelling as you type" (Spelling Options) and tried spell checking again.

In all of the above scenarios, a dialog box appears very briefly (less than half a second), and then is replaced with a message "The spelling check is complete". Apparently not, because it hasn't picked up the incorrect word.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I checked the dictionary and the word isn't there. This is a common word "available", misspelled as "avialabe". I came across it as I was reviewing some updates another writer made to the help file (all files are under source control).

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. RH8. All updates installed. The misspelled word is not in my dictionary. So far, I've only found 1 topic with this problem, but I just happened to notice the misspelling...I don't really know if all of the other 185 topics are being checked! Does anyone know of a fix or workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in Spelling Options > Ignored Words to see if maybe someone has erroneously added the word there.

What is the word?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not there either. The word is "compatibilty", which should be "compatibility".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the same misspelling in another project. That will establish whether it is just the one project. It reports as an error in a project here.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, did that. It reports as a misspelling in other projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can suggest is a tool such as FAR. That will search all but a few file types and hopefully it will track down a file containing the misspelling other than the topics. I'm hoping that will identify the cause.

If you can try that, post back. The built in all files search will not help as that will only search HTM files.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues using RoboHelp 2019 14.0.0.014

the misspelled word is Categpry... Category

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just typed that into a topic and it immediately showed the red line underneath. Most of what has been in the updates has been for the new version but there have been some fixes for Classic.

Try applying the updates first.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works now!

Updated to version 14.0.6.004.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp