• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSL for a new device

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responsive HTML5 and Multiscreen HTML5 outputs did not exist in RoboHelp the last time I used it (so it's been a while).  The online help I'm creating will be displayed on a variety of devices including a TS7990 (touch screen) which has a physical screen size of approximately 6" x 4".  We've been using the Responsive HTML5 output to display on the TS7990.  Although the output displays well enough, there are some issues with functionality.

It appears that the existing Responsive HTML5 SSL cannot be updated to add a new profile for the TS7990 device. I've created a screen profile for the TS7990 and a new Responsive HTML5 SSL for this device.  I will be updating the SSL to use the same customized Layout I used for my other devices.  Am I on the right track or not? Any assistance is appreciated!

I am using RoboHelp 2015.

Thanks - Ruth Markham 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Hi there

Multiscreen is a bit of a nightmare. You define profiles for different devices and generate the output. Say you have 1,000 topic files. And say you have perhaps eight different profiles defined in the Multiscreen layout. You are going to end up with at least 8,000 files to copy to the server. Basically 1,000+ files for each profile you have defined. Not only that, but each profile will appear different.

With Responsive, it's more of a "one size fits all" approach. You only have a single s

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Multiscreen is a bit of a nightmare. You define profiles for different devices and generate the output. Say you have 1,000 topic files. And say you have perhaps eight different profiles defined in the Multiscreen layout. You are going to end up with at least 8,000 files to copy to the server. Basically 1,000+ files for each profile you have defined. Not only that, but each profile will appear different.

With Responsive, it's more of a "one size fits all" approach. You only have a single set of output files. Then what the user sees is dependent upon the display area of their device.

If you are using Responsive, there is no need to consider each and every device that will be presenting the help. Because this output responds to the available screen space.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, thanks for the response. We are now displaying the output on the TS7990 screen but have noticed some functionality issues such as scrolling not always working.  For example, when a user first navigates to help, they must click inside the page for scrolling to work.  Any thoughts on whether this might be a RH issue or with the TS7990 itself? 

Thanks!

Ruth Markham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea on that. Hopefully our resident Responsive HTML 5 expert @Willam van Weelden will see this thread and pop in to advise.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, I attended a RoboHelp 2015 session presented by Willam so hopefully he will see this and be able to help out.

Regards - Ruth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I did try to tag him in this thread. But this silly obstinate forum software seemed to have ignored it. If you have his personal contact info, I might suggest you privately try to contact him. Then if you get it resolved, post back here so the resolution can be shared with the community.

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick.  If I'm able to make contact with Willam, I will post his comments here.

Ruth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp