• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Steps to implement Show/Hide widget in new RH 2015 Screen Layout customization

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was happy to see the Show/Hide widget in the RH 2015 Azure Blue layout. I assume it invokes the expansion/collapse of the DHTML content on a page. However, I have not successfully implemented it! What is the correct procedure?

1. Edit the Topic (Default)] in the Azure Blue layout.
  2. Select one of the Text Box divs  (This is probably the issue. Where should the widget be inserted?)
  3. Select 'Dual State Show/Hide' from the widgets menu.
  4. Save the project and generate the Responsive HTML5 output. it is unsuccessful.

One of two things happens:  Either Help system will not launch--the loading graphic does an endless loop, or the system launches with a damaged TOC. For example, the TOC only shows the content icons/no text.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

So that's how you view me Rick 😉

The expand/collapse I originally created was broken with the RH11.0.3. updated. It is still on my backlog to create an update for that. Just haven't come around it. (I know, after more than 6 months.)

The best way is to use the one button or two button method from the twisties/dropdown script. Add the script to the header of the master page and you will have the expand/collapse in your topics. (Twisties and Show Hide | WvanWeelden.eu) I have the expand/collapse fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What browser are you using? Perhaps it's an issue with the browser?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thx for the quick input. It's IE 10, and I get the same results with Chrome.

I'm looking for a way to give the use an option expand/collapse all DHTML in a topic. I'm beginning to think the Show/Hide widget has a different purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, this sounds like you are mucking about with the pages that layout the screen. Not unlike taking apart the turbo for a Lamborghini as far as I'm concerned. You need someone to pop in that understands the way this stuff is all laid out. Someone like Willam van Weelden‌.

Perhaps by tagging him he will take note of this thread and pop in with some sage advice such as: Just nudge the kalamafludge 3cm using the whosamagotchi tool, then feed that through the permutator and you should be set! Easy Peasy It's all right there in Paragraph 4 subsection C of the W3C CSS3 specification of the DOM structure!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thank you for definitely lightening things up! And thanks for tagging WillamVW. He has made expand/collapse widgets for me in the past and he's definitely the man on this Lamborghini stuff! I look forward to Willam's help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that's how you view me Rick 😉

The expand/collapse I originally created was broken with the RH11.0.3. updated. It is still on my backlog to create an update for that. Just haven't come around it. (I know, after more than 6 months.)

The best way is to use the one button or two button method from the twisties/dropdown script. Add the script to the header of the master page and you will have the expand/collapse in your topics. (Twisties and Show Hide | WvanWeelden.eu) I have the expand/collapse for the layout on the backlog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL, indeed wizards tend to have their own language!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp