• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop unnecessarily moving controls for no obvious reason. Irony = can't find good help in RoboHelp

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have mixed up the years in my example (below), but I am currently watching 3 different tutorials for RoboHelp, and none of them have the same buttons in the same place (IE: Translations). I get that software companies need to constantly make changes to justify taking one weeks pay from my pocket every flipping year, but can you at least post the changes in a way that we can easily find them? Employers do not like it when our productivity slows down, just so we can find some stupid button/function change that is No Help At All! Stop reinventing the wheel. If it is not a new feature, then there is no need to move everything around. I know designers who just don't want to do it anymore becasue you guys make for a terrible professional work environment. If Adobe were a person, I would fire them for slowing down my workplace productivity every year or so with unnecessary convoluted updates. Thanks

WinAir_0-1622222903866.png

TOPICS
New UI , Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pssst - this is a user-to-user forum - rants (while entertaining) won't go very far here. Use things like the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/) to log suggestions & issues OR fire off an e-mail to the RH folks via https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp. Those avenues get on Adobe's radar, not posts here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of the changes are made to improve clarity. From the bottom:-

• Translations were not in 2019 so there would not have been a button.
  • What you refer to as 2015 would have been an early 2019 icon. A globe is anyone's guess.
  • In the top icon you are left in no doubt as to what the icon will access.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp