Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Structuring and re-organizing index in RH 2019 new UI

Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have been using the index a lot in previous RH versions, and I also used to re-organize it quite often. I have tried doing the same in RH 2019 update 9 new UI, with no success. Here's what I want to do:

I have a couple of index words already containing a couple of topics. Now I detect that I have taken the same word in different spelling in the index. I now want to combine these two index words into 1. Previoulsy, I could simply rename one of the index keys and give it the same name as the other one. I was then asked, if I wanted to combine the keys and have all topics in the new key. In RH2019, I get an error message that the new name already exists.

Another thing is, I would like to be able to drag & drop topics from my project structure under an index word. In large projects, I do not know what I have already defined and what not.

Furthermore, I am missing the proposal of already defined keys when adding keys to a project. So I have no way of knowing how exactly I spelled the key the first time. Also it seems not to be possible to add multiple keys in one go by using "," or ";"

Am I missing something or doing it somehow wrong? Or are these feature requests I should post in the tracker?

Regards
Karin

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent points. I will alert Adobe to this thread but please follow this link to report bugs or request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just created a feature request with the points stated above. Feel free to vote for it: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-5654

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp