• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Styles missing in RH that exist in FM

Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a style in FM 12 (using TCS 5) called Step1. In the resulting RH 11 HTML, I find that style used in this way "<li style="list-style: decimal;"><p class="FM_Step1First">" However, because the second line of my lists is wrapping incorrectly (it wraps incorrectly in the Adobe TV episode I just watched, too), I want to look a this.

However, in RHStyleMappings.css I cannot find the Step1 style. Where is it?

Other styles are missing here, too, but I suspect if I find Step1 I will find the rest.

Thanks,

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

You could test this by making a change to RHStyleMappings.css to define one of your FM_ styles and see if it has any impact on how it appears in the output HTML – my suspicion is that it doesn’t have any impact. RHStyleMappings.css only gets used when the content comes across from FM.

To force all topics to use just one CSS (not each chapter’s CSS), create a custom CSS with all the formatting you want to have applied and place it in your project with Explorer; then in the SSL recipe, pick the “Ap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for your FM_Step1First style - not "Step1" - all FM paratags get turned into "FM_xxx" in RH styles. Then tweak your CSS to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. The following are my styles:

Step1First

Step1

Step2First

Step2

Step3First

Step3

Step4First

Step4

These are used -- I am testing them specifically -- and I cannot find these in RHStyleMappings.css. I can find all of these in the resulting HTML, with the FM_ prefix you noted.

As an aside, I was able to match these FM styles to "multilevel list," which took care of everything (alignment and numbering) except Step4 and Step4First, which are using FM_Step4First and FM_Step4 in the HTML but visually look exactly like the Step3 styles.

So, ideas on finding FM_Stepx styles in RH CSS and also addressing the Step4 issue?

Thanks,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’ll find all the FM_ styles defined in the CSSes found for each of the FM docs. I’d copy one of those (or a part of those) to a new CSS to be applied to all topics when the WebHelp is generated. You can make all your fixes for your messed up steps in there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, It seems that RHStyleMappings.css is available through the RoboHelp Interface. It contains only two of my 20 styles (all used in my test document): FM_GlossaryDefinition and FM_Note.

In the HTML of the output, I see all the other styles referenced, such as FM_Body, FMSteps1, FM_Heading2, etc.

Then, outside of RoboHelp, for each FM chapter, I find a folder, and in each folder is a CSS for just that chapter. This contains the CSS instructions for all the styles I use. Wow. Okay, so how do I manage these CSS instructions all in one place? How do I get RHStyleMappings.css, for example, to let me manipulate these CSS files. What I am afraid of is if I somehow change the CSS for each and every chapter, and maintain those, I might still accidentally lose my customizations.

I think I'm missing the paradigm. Thoughts?

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could test this by making a change to RHStyleMappings.css to define one of your FM_ styles and see if it has any impact on how it appears in the output HTML – my suspicion is that it doesn’t have any impact. RHStyleMappings.css only gets used when the content comes across from FM.

To force all topics to use just one CSS (not each chapter’s CSS), create a custom CSS with all the formatting you want to have applied and place it in your project with Explorer; then in the SSL recipe, pick the “Apply to All” field and pick your custom CSS. Then you only have to maintain one place (your custom CSS) for style changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am working on exactly this now. Will post a new thread as related questions arise. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you like a more elegant way – have a look at Matt Sullivan’s suggestions for running your FM content through a FM template to set all the mappings before it gets into RH. He’s got a bunch of posts on the forum & his blog about doing that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will Google that. Although, my FM style use is pretty buttoned down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp