• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggestions for Moving RoboHelp Server 9?

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an established RH Server 9 that we want to upgrade to RH Server 10. Because we are migrating from an older box with a 32-bit OS, our IT team does not want to upgrade to RH 10 on the same box because of the complexity involved in upgrading a 32-bit server OS to a 64-bit OS.

There are update-in-place capabilities with RH Server using the Configuration Tool and with Server 10 there's a tool to migrate server 10 data to a new box, but there's no automated process for upgrading while migrating.

So, this means that I must first install Server 9 on the new box, manually migrate the Server 9 data and then upgrade in place to Server 10.

We use SQL Server instead of Access but I haven't migrated the SQL data yet because that should be relatively straightforward. And, quite honestly, I could live without keeping the usage data and metrics. It's the help project data that's not working well. I've had partial success (the various help areas are there but there are no help projects within the respective area, for example).

Has anyone done this? Is there a better process that I'm overlooking in attempting to migrate Server 9 and its data to a new box running Server 10?

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OP here...

I made an error in my assumption that the RH Server 9 to RH Server 10 migration tool would only work if the migration occurred on the same server. There is a mechanism by which one can use the migration tool on a RH 10 server and specify a network path to a different server that contains RH 9 server. After doing so, however, I found the result of the migration unsatisfactory.

Because others may have a more satisfactory result, I just wanted to clarify that cross-server migration is supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp