• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surprised at lack of 4K support in RoboHelp 2019

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed RoboHelp 2019 today on my new laptop, and was unable to read the text. Support told me that RoboHelp does not support 4K displays, and they could not get it to work properly until I used an older monitor. I can view it now, but disappointed that I will not be able to move around and work without a monitor.

I was surprised they don't expect to have an update until next year most likely... but at least I can print and create PDF files again, and as my mac is dying, I really needed to move onto the laptop (which didn't support RH 2011). Anyway, just my two cents...

Have a great day!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you confirm that with the RH team or just Adobe general support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp team, she checked with the L2 team to confirm when I asked her to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnahidMA, are you talking about "RoboHelp 2019 Classic", or the new "RoboHelp 2019"?

I'm running the new RoboHelp 2019 on Windows on my MacBook Pro with Retina Display and everything is clear and sharp with full High-DPI support.

Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I guess it might be some other support department. The Adobe TechComm Support (tcssup@adobe.com) would not have given the answer, that they "don't expect to have an update until next year most likely." as they know that we publish a big Update nearly every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

I am using a laptop now, as I cannot get a windows update for my vmware to windows 10. It's extremely clear, but minuscule. I was unable to read anything on the laptop screen, although by setting my old acer as primary it's small, but usable. However, I had to change from default of 250% to 200% for display size.

Sorry if it's not the right team - I called Adobe, and told them I was installing RoboHelp 2019 - they said it was RH support team. And I currently am running Classic, as I'm in the middle of developing a new KB I have to publish this week. If you have some advice to share, you could be my hero! I have vision issues, which is why I'm using a mac monitor and a large acer with the laptop. I had a hard time getting RH 11 large enough - was always getting headaches when working for several hours.

Thanks,

Anahid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried 2019 on a Surface Pro running Windows 10 and the text size is similar to any other app and perfectly readable. I realise that doesn't resolve anything but perhaps it points to the issue being your setup?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I'm curious, does your Surface Pro have 4K support? They told me it was a 4K issue only, and you can't use the default setting which is 250X. But even taking it down, it was much smaller text than any other app. Using an older monitor and swapping for that to be primary display and taking it to 150X, the screen is okay to read, but I will still end up using my mac monitor with a USB-C to thunderbolt connection so I can get a decent size. Yes - I do have some vision issues, but nothing else is as small as RH...

I wish that you could control the magnification of the app (like Microsoft apps) - without then having to scroll to the side because it does not auto adjust to the width of the window. I haven't seen an app that doesn't do that in years. I realize RH is not one of the bigger selling apps, but I love it, and think it would be a worthwhile enhancement which would resolve this so easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had thought so but from what I have looked at, it might be that the device supports 4K on an external monitor

Its resolution is 2736 by 1824 set by default at 200%.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Stefan monitors this thread, consider this my enhancement request to allow enlargement of a screen similar to Microsoft, enabling wrapping, regardless of resolution. Would be brilliant!

I've got it working, but can't get it large enough to make me truly happy - then again I couldn't on my mac either... ah well, back to Optometrist Friday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp