• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG does not show up in printed documentation

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2019.0.4. I have a project that needs both HTML5 and printed output. The HTML5 is fine, but the svg files do not show up in the printed documentation. Does anyone have any suggestions? The svg files are a big improvement for the HTML5, which is why I upgraded to RH2019, but I can't use it if those same image files aren't supported in the printed output.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Hi LDill,

I believe you are using illustrator to create the SVG image. It is recommended to turn off the responsive option for images used in PDF.

You can use Conditions to use responsive images in the web outputs and non-responsive images in the PDF output. Please let me know how that works for you.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, their marketing blurb says it's supported:

"Enrich content with Scalable Vector Graphics

Now import and use great-looking visuals that look super sharp across mobile, web and print with SVG support."

Adobe Robohelp (2019 Release)-New Features (I don't know why the first search result is the dk site, but the text is in English, so...)

I'd log a bug on tracker.adobe.com

In the meantime, you could kludge it using condition tags. Condition the inserted SVGs as online only and insert png versions of each, conditioned for print only. Not ideal, but if you need this functionality urgently, it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not wishing to contradict Amber but don't log a bug yet. I contacted someone at Adobe and there is an issue with some SVGs. If you will kindly send me one of your SVGs, they will look into it.

See the Contact page on my site and send the file attached to an email on this occasion. Do make sure you include a link to this thread.

Is this happening with all your SVGs or just some? If the latter, send a good one as well. Also include any information you can about how the SVGs were created.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LDill,

I believe you are using illustrator to create the SVG image. It is recommended to turn off the responsive option for images used in PDF.

You can use Conditions to use responsive images in the web outputs and non-responsive images in the PDF output. Please let me know how that works for you.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! While not ideal, it does work this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp