Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching off topic keyword conversion from FM File Info boxes

Participant ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM12/RH11

RH is converting to topic keywords the content from the following FM File Info boxes:

• Subject
  • Keywords

How do I switch off that conversion? A control in RH? Editing a RH config file?

Best regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't even aware that it would do that at all. I've never seen a control anywhere in RH that talks about that File Info stuff. Where does it appear in RH when you've imported? a FM doc with those details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth,

Thanks.

In RH: Topic List > right-click a topic > Properties > General and look for the Keywords box. In my RH, I notice a neat, comma-separated list of the contents of the FM File Info boxes Subject and Keywords.

I'm trying to find a convention way to disable the function in RH because the metadata in FM seems difficult to manage, as indicated in this thread:  https://forums.adobe.com/message/8643146#8643146.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?Hmm...so cleansing the FM source content isn't an option (because you want to retain the info there)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth,

Thanks.

Cleaning the FM source content does not appear feasible because of that bug: FrameMaker 11 - File Info fields auto-fill issue

I'm trying to fashion a solution with the information on that thread and with the import suggestion on another thread: Can "File Info" data be deleted?

So far, no luck.

So now I'm looking for a RH "switch" that will hide the symptom of the underlying FM bug, which is the root of the problem.

So, back to what _this_ thread is about: does RH have a control that I can use to switch off the conversion?

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH, I've never seen any control over that. Perhaps if you ran the FM content through a FM template (that didn't have any File Info) would clean it up - just a shot in the dark. You're probably going to have to use the dash or period suggestion to replace the existing File Info content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jeff_Coatsworth,

Thanks for the follow-up!

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp