• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of Contents does not display in merged published WebHelp output

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Table of Contents does not display in merged published WebHelp output.  I am using RoboHelp 10 on Windows 7.  I tried it in both Firefox and IE.

I downloaded Peter Grainge's sample demo in his excellent article on Merging Help in WebHelp (http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/merging_webhelp/merging_method_rh9.htm#calling ).  Even in his demo, the TOC only showed up once or twice.  Most times when I publish the files, the TOC does not show.  I am publishing it on my local drive.  I have spent many hours re-reading the article, checking my files, creating a sample of my own, and looking at the forums. I have not found a solution.

I tried publishing the child projects first, then the parent and vice versa.  Neither way displayed the TOC.  Does the order make a difference?

I checked the "Add Mark of the Web" option in the Navigation pane of the Webhelp Settings window.

I chose the "Local PC or Intranet (Internal Network") option in the Navigation pane of the Webhelp Settings window.  I am publishing to my local hard drive.

Were there any improvements in RoboHelp 15 for merging and publishing?

I greatly appreciate anyone's help to try to get the TOC to display.

Thanks,

Diane Heald

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answered this before, but my reply doesn't seem to have shown up. Try again:

You’re probably running into browser security issues – make sure
you’re all officially patched up & then grab some of the fixes done for
RH11 (all listed on Willam’s site - https://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/robohelp-patches-and-updates).
With RH10, you’ll need to make unofficial tweaks to your source files to
produce WebHelp that works in most browsers – Edge will be a challenge without
upgrading to RH2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thank you for your help.  I think I would like to go ahead and upgrade to RoboHelp 15.  If I do that, will I need to download any patches or fixes for RoboHelp 15?  Are there browser security issues when you use RoboHelp 15?  Or should the Publish/merge work well and the TOC show up fine in IE and Firefox?

Also, are there any downsides or problems with upgrading to RoboHelp 15.  Is there any advantage to staying with RoboHelp 10?

Thanks

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 3 official patches for RH2015 I believe – they should handle the latest browser security changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I will try RoboHelp 15, install the official patches, and see how it goes.

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp