• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

table of contents does not display on website

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH2015 and  can't figure out why a recently created project won't display the ToC when it is opened on our website.

It opens just fine in my browser (IE11).

Thanx!

Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you miss copying some files from the local output folder to the web server?

Is it only not working with one browser or is it all browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to what Jeff asked, I'll also ask what your output type is?

MultiScreen HTML 5?

Responsive HTML 5?

WebHelp?

Browser Based AIR Help?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and one other thing. What are you pointing to in your link?

Can you share an example of the URL?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, folks ... I should have talked to my IT crew first; turns out it was a path issue after all, not a RoboHelp one...

thanks for responding...

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uh-oh ... looks like I was wrong -- it wasn't a path issue after all. Trouble is, I still haven't figured out what the issue is, but I did notice something.

With my other projects, I see that there are three folders above the !SSL! folder: !Language!, !Screen Layout! and !SkinSubFolder! -- these are missing from the project I'm working on now.

What I did was open a RoboHelp 9 project in RoboHelp 2015, copied the same general pathname for the Single Source Layout form (I'm using WebHelp as my output option). When I open the index.htm file, it looks fine, ToC and everything; but when we open it on our website -- no ToC.

any ideas? I'd really appreciate any help, as we're on a bit of a deadline...

Thanks,

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... sorry about an omission:

When I referred to "...the same general pathname...", I meant the same pathname that I used for the other projects in my directory.

lr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

How exactly are you copying the WebHelp output files to the web site?

Does it happen for any browser? Or is it perhaps fine in one and not in others?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what my colleague says she does:

Delete the files in the production version of the help folder, then copy and paste the whole new set of files in.

Same problem in every browser (IE, Mozilla, Chrome)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I don't mean to stir any distrust here. But I think I'd want to more closely scrutinize your colleague's process.

I'd want her to show me the system before the process. Does it work with TOC visible? Cool

Show me the folder you are copying. All files present and accounted for? Cool

Copy the files.

Now look at the destination folder. Do things match?

My own guess is that you will discover something is missing in that last step. Perhaps she is only copying the files in the root and is skipping any folders. Stuff like that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I conferred with my colleague, and here is her response:

"Up until destination folder matching, I’ll say it isn't the process on this end - most simply because the first page does show (if paths were different, it wouldn't show anything) and because I can use the same process to reapply production files and it works fine again."

However, she does have a question, agrees that you could be on to something with “folders matching” – however, if folders didn’t match, would help show at all?

Meanwhile, would it help if I explained my process so far?

I tried two approaches: First, started a Blank Page RH2015 project, then imported the topics from RH9;

Second, started RH2015, then opened the RH9 project ... same result both times.

... again, is there any significance to RH2015's not generating those !xxx! folders?

thanks again,

lr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens if you generate an output from one of the supplied sample projects? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp