Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table row with single condition not appearing as expected

Participant ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(FM12 with RH11)

In FM, the s-Screen condition is applied to a table row. Not only the content, but the entire row.

In FM, testing with conditional expressions produces the expected result. A condexp with "or s-Screen" allows the row to appear. Others cause the row to be hidden.

In RH, the controls are set to respect the FM condition settings:

• Project > Import > FrameMaker Document > Edit > Other Settings > Select Apply FrameMaker Conditional Text Build Expression
  • Single-source Layout > WebHelp > Properties > Content Categories > _Default_ > Conditional Build Expression > None

In the RH output, the table row with the s-Screen condition does not appear. (Reminder: In FM, the conditional output was correct.)

What am I missing?

Someone might suggest that I change the method, to shift control into RH, by doing this in RH:

• Project > Import > FrameMaker Document > Edit > Other Settings > Clear Apply FrameMaker Conditional Text Build Expression
  • Single-source Layout > WebHelp > Properties > Content Categories > _Default_ > Conditional Build Expression > _something with "or s-Screen" in it

Good idea. Been there, done that. It does not meet my requirement because of how RH handles paragraphs that (a) are used for page breaks in RH output; and that (b) are conditioned not to appear in the RH output. What behavior is that?

In the FM "chapter" files, the design of the first few paragraphs is as follows:

<chapter title>

<chapter TOC as an inset. (I'm on FM12, not FM13.) The contents of the inset and the host paragraph in the chapter file are conditioned for p-Print. >

About Topic h1-Head that is conditioned p-Print, so it appear in the pdf but not in screen deliverables. h1-Head has a Page Break Before attribute set.

<introductory paragraph>

The expected and actual result in pdf output from FM is:

<chapter title>

<chapter TOC >

---page break---

About Topic h1-Head

<introductory paragraph>

The expected result in RH output is:

<chapter title>

<introductory paragraph>

That result is obtained in RH only if I control the condexp in FM, by setting RH controls as shown in the "In RH" section at the top of this post. If, instead, I attempt to control the condexp through RH, the RH output is:

<chapter title>

----page break---

About Topic

<introductory paragraph>

Essentially, RH is ignoring the do-not-show condition on the About Topic. I assume RH does so because RH believes it needs to respect the page-break designation for h1-Head1. (Of course I want RH to respect that choice for h1-Head1's that are not conditioned.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: a colleague has reproduced the symptom with FM13 and RH12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if FM & RH 2015 is fully patched up, then I’d be logging a bug with the Adobe Bugbase to get it on their official radar…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff,

Yep, just checked. Both are patched.

Where is that bugbase?

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a link on the FM Forum's Overview page (along with a lot of other info).

The direct link is: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: symptom reproduced in FM12 Multi-channel publishing, using the .isf exported from RH11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the bugbase:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp