• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tables / Line break / Links to embedded documents

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually we are creating an eBook 3. The source is done manually in Word. In the manual are many tables included (e.g. safety instructions). Is  there a possibility to avoid arbitrary line brakes. Is it possible to keep the cells locked together?

The second question regards behaviour of links to documents (e.g. PDF files). Is it even possible in eBook?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your post looks like a response to a previous post. Is it meant to be as you have started a new thread?

In Word you can insert a hard page break but if you are linking or importing into RoboHelp, I don't think that will survive the trip. RoboHelp itself does allow you to insert hard page breaks intended to be be used so that when users print an online topic, it will break where you want it to. I don't think that can be used within a table though, just before or after.

In your case you are then creating a different output from where it was intended to be used and I doubt it would survive that trip (RoboHelp to eBook). Also if the user than changes the font size, that would mess up your calculations.

Good luck with this one.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp