• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The first topic in a book is not opening in web help

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 2020 with Windows 10 Pro.

My colleagues created a Robohelp project to generate a Responsive HTLM5 web help system. The resulting system generated as expected.

I am now updating this project. In the web help that I generate, where we have a book in the TOC, when I click on the top-level topic in that book, it does not open. I can open the topics below it, but not the first entry in the book.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have all updates applied? You should be on 2020.4

Have you looked in the TOC to ensure that when you click the entry the Properties still show the link to the topic? What is the source of it? 

Is the topic actually in the output folder?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly.

I am on 2020.0.156. But Help > Check for Updates tells me I'm up to date.

And now Robohelp won't even generate web help outputs at all, it just spins its wheels telling me "Starting generation...".

So I think I'm going to go nuclear and reinstall.

Cheers,

Maris Maskell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a bug in the RH2020.0 version that stops the Help > Updates process - you'll need to go to https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html & grab the latest one there (think it's still 2020.3), run it it & then do the Help > Updates route. That will get you to patch 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2020.4 will be there in a day or two but if you follow Jeff's instructions, Help > Updates will then install Update 4

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp