• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC and Index not updating when publish, but topics do

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made changes to my project - changed the TOC, the index, and a few topics.  When I publish, the changes to the topics appear both locally and on the server where I publish, but the changes to the TOC and the index do not.  I recently upgraded to the latest version of Robohelp and likely am missing some key step I have to do.  Am using Publish to webhelp.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What point version of RH, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is 2019.0.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you've updated your topics & your TOC and Index, but only the updated topics are showing changes? How are you viewing this? Inside your project or in the generated output? If the output, have you made sure that you've cleaned out the location first? Have you cleared your browser cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, only the updated topics appear in the browser rendered version - the updates to TOC and INDEX do not.

And yes I have cleared cache in browser, multiple browsers/multiple times

When I use the View Results while still in Robohelp (after Generate/Publish) I see the published help on the IIS server with the correct updates.  Yet despite clearing cache in multiple browsers, changes do not appear.  So I think the IIS server has the updates correct, but the browser rendered version does not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well just by taking the car to the mechanic, the problem solves itself.  I am now seeing the changes in the TOC and INDEX.  Must be gremlins.  Looks like problem solved itself.  Tx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen those two take a bit longer to update.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp