Highlighted

TOC content in single page

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks, I have a TOC on the left pane and the content area on the right pane. While clicking one of the topics, every time a new page is displayed on the content area. The previous content is no longer available on the current page. Every topic content is separate from one another. BUT, I want to have all the content (for all the topics) to be displayed on a single page, i.e right pane. If I click on a topic from the left pane, immediately the cursor should go to the respective content and display in the content area.

Look forward to your help. TIA

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

TOC content in single page

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks, I have a TOC on the left pane and the content area on the right pane. While clicking one of the topics, every time a new page is displayed on the content area. The previous content is no longer available on the current page. Every topic content is separate from one another. BUT, I want to have all the content (for all the topics) to be displayed on a single page, i.e right pane. If I click on a topic from the left pane, immediately the cursor should go to the respective content and display in the content area.

Look forward to your help. TIA

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you running? Classic or New UI (RH2019)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the revert, Jeff. I'm using New UI of RH2019.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 0
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about what the user sees? They open one topic and then click another link and you want that to open in addition, not as a replacement?

www.grainge.org

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Not like that. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 0
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think (if I've understood what you are trying to achieve) to get what you are looking for (TOC in left pane and all content in right pane) you'd have to structure your RH project in such a way as to have just 1 topic with all content in it. Within that 1 topic, you could have headings with bookmarks pointing to them that the TOC could use to "jump" to specific sections. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 1