• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC does not render (no Javascript?),RH 2017 HTML5 output

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to generate ah HTML5 layout out of my project, it looks like below. 

I'm also getting the error:  "The variables titleColor, backgroundColor, logo, and fontFamily are not available in the usersettings.js file.

You must upgrade your responsive HTML5 layout to the latest version to include these variables, so that the layout appears fine in the generated output.

Visit http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_rh_upgrade_html5_layout_en page for information about upgrading your layout." even though when I went to the web page and checked the files against the fixes, they appear to be fixed.

I need this ASAP, no kidding.   Having no end of problem with this and don't know why.

I have another project that works fine, and I don't know what the difference is.

itsbroken.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

It looks like you have applied the updates but have not updated the layout. With Update 2 applied, open the layout and go to the Gallery. Select the layout and make a small change to its name, add a 2 to the end for example.

Use that layout and you should be OK. You will lose any customisation you have applied.

Do add the layout as I have described, not from Adobe's web page. That has not been updated!

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have applied the updates but have not updated the layout. With Update 2 applied, open the layout and go to the Gallery. Select the layout and make a small change to its name, add a 2 to the end for example.

Use that layout and you should be OK. You will lose any customisation you have applied.

Do add the layout as I have described, not from Adobe's web page. That has not been updated!

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Peter.  I really should put you on retainer.

Why is RoboHelp so persnicketty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They had to change the structure of the layout to fix issues and they can't overwrite any layouts already in existence.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I've got that fixed, the PTBs are telling me they want the header bar in the Azure Blue layout removed, so it isn't there anymore.  I can prooooobably edit the CSS if I know where to edit but the Inspect Element tool on Firefox isn't helping me a whole lot.  I can't seem to find the section of code that allegedly generates the header.  People are breathing down my neck about this user guide, too, so I'm feeling fairly uncomfortable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp comes with a number of templates that are meant to be used as is, albeit with some customisation built in. To change them beyond that requires serious CSS3 and HTML5 skills, at the level of being a web designer so not part of an author's toolkit.

What they want is not a built in option and I am not sure it is possible.

Maybe one of the layouts that are on Help Essentials will help. Some are free and some have to be purchased.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter.  The head web dev is now looking at RH.  I think he got tired of me saying "I don't know how to do that" or "I don't think you can do that," so I'll show him the stuff about editing the layouts and stuff.

I really should put you on retainer.  Thanks again.  if I'm ever in the same place as you are, allow me to buy you a beverage of your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp