Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC, index and search files in RoboHelp 2015

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Adobe Experience Manager to host my RoboHelp files. Initially, all the RoboHelp files are uploaded to Adobe Experience Manager the first time. Because it takes so much time to upload all the files to Adobe Experience Manager, topic (HTM) files are then updated individually after the initial upload.

Updating the search, index and TOC gets a little tricky. I used to use RoboHELP 2011 and simply replaced all the files in the whxdata and whdata folders to get the search, index and TOC updated. However, when I switched to RoboHELP 2015 and used the same process, I now get an error message and experiences issues with displaying the topic pages in the entire help.

Which individual files and entire folders need to be replaced in RoboHelp 2015 to get the TOC, index and search updated?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the project files, the output files or both?

I think you mean the output files and assuming you do, I can't see why RoboHelp 2015 would have changed anything assuming you are talking about WebHelp. Are you?

How are you uploading? If you use the Publish function in the SSL, that should take care of uploading the correct files.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter - yes I’m referring to the output files in WebHelp. I am using the Publish function in RoboHelp 2015, and the output files go into the SSL folder.

In Adobe Experience Manager, I can’t replace ALL the RoboHelp files every time the help is updated because it takes too much time. Because of the way Adobe Experience Manager is set up, I have to upload the files one by one instead of doing a batch upload. So instead, topic (HTM) files are updated separately after the initial upload.

The issue is when the TOC, index and search files are being updated because the process involves replacing several JavaScript files as well. In RoboHelp 2011, I only needed to replace all the files in the whxdata and whdata folders to update the TOC, index and search.

However, in RoboHelp 2015, it looks like I need to replace more files than the ones in the whxdata and whdata folders. Do you know what other files need to get replaced to update the TOC, index and search?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using the Publish function, then it should be generating your help & FTPing only the changed files to the location you specify. You sound like you're just Generating the help, not Publishing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff - I am using the Publish function. The web help is already generated and set up. It's maintaining the web help in Adobe Experience Manager that gets tricky. The RoboHelp files are not uploaded to an FTP, they are uploaded directly to Adobe Experience Manager (this means the files have to be uploaded one by one instead of being able to easily drop in all the published files to an FTP).

Previously, when I updated the TOC, index and search using RoboHelp 2011, I would go back into RoboHelp 2011, add the new index and TOC entry (linking the TOC entry to the file name for the new topic). Then I would republish the entire help. I would then take all the files from the whxdata and whdata folder, and replace it with the old ones that are already in Adobe Experience Manager.

After upgrading to RoboHelp 2015, this process no longer works. I am trying to figure out what other files control the TOC, index and search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wading in here...

If the output is WebHelp I don't believe there have been any changes to the files that are created. So from what I understand, it *SHOULD* work.

I just ran a brief test to compare the files that are created. I note that in my own version 11, I see a folder named whgdata listed as well. But I'm not sure if that would actually change anything for you as I believe the files in that folder are only used during the "Pure HTML" type of output.

My own guess is that the version difference is a red herring and you will find the issue is related to something entirely different.

But that's just a hunch... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What’s your Publish screen look like in the SSL recipe you’re using? My suspicion is (not having played with the Adobe Experience Manager) is that only the changed files are being uploaded by RH, but that the AEM needs to be told that the files are there and can be referenced by pages in the CMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp