• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not showing after doing WebHelp to CHM Converter

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first compile my Help layout in WebHelp. Our software product only supports .CHM, so I then convert my WebHelp to .CHM. My TOC is not displaying in the .CHM file. I think I have to link to something, but for the life of me I can't remember. I've attached 2 images. One showing my TOC from WebHelp and the other from .CHM output.WebHelp_TOC.pngCHM_TOC.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that also no topic is appearing in the CHM.

I also notice that in the webhelp, you are getting a Show link. Perhaps you need to set up your webhelp to display with the TOC already showing. In theory clicking that link should get rid of it when the TOC opens.I'm thinking something is wrong with the webhelp and fixing that is the first priority.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your thoughts. I removed the 'Show' link sentence, closed down all my running applications, restarted my computer and recompiled help. It now looks fine. Strange, but I'll take it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp