• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not showing up in sidebar by default.

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hunting down an issue that caused the TOC in HTML5 pages to not show by default. I tracked the issue down to tabpanel1.js. I had to remove anything in gTabListIdArr and gTabContentIdArr that ended in numbers to fix the issue (none of the related pieces have numbers, if this isn't true for you be careful).

Here's my question: How did those extra list items appear in the first place? I can fix this issue manually, by removing them from tabpanel1.js after it's created, but I'd rather know how it happened so I can stop it from happening again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post moved to HTML5 Layouts forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has now jumped from tabpanels1.js to tabpanels2.js.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue will stay jumping because there is probably something in the TOC that the script is breaking on.

This sounds like you are using Multiscreen HTML5. Is that correct? My question: is the TOC not loading? Or is the sidebar being hidden by default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The TOC is not loading, I know where the issue is once RoboHelp builds the site (extra elements in gTabListIdArr and gTabContentIdArr cause javascript to land on an undefined element and choke, removing those elements fixes the issue), but I don't know why RoboHelp adds the extra stuff to gTabListIdArr and gTabContentIdArr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp