Exit

TOC overlapping in Responsive HTML5 Output

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, this keeps happening:

toc overlap.PNG

Is there a way to keep this from happening in Responsive HTML5 output? I'm pretty sure this won't get past our QA, then we're really in trouble.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Try this as a temporary fix.

A temporary workaround for it is, in your layout.css, Modify the max-height to say 5000em for both the classes:

• div.toc-holder ul li.child.show
  • div.toc-holder ul li.child.expanding.show

The problem is being looked into by Adobe but meantime the above has been suggested.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have referred the same problem to Adobe and will let you know the outcome.

Is this a merged project setup or just a single project?

Please copy the TOC and then experiment to find out if there is a critical number of topics when this occurs. Try deleting say 10 topics at a time.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this as a temporary fix.

A temporary workaround for it is, in your layout.css, Modify the max-height to say 5000em for both the classes:

• div.toc-holder ul li.child.show
  • div.toc-holder ul li.child.expanding.show

The problem is being looked into by Adobe but meantime the above has been suggested.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That seems to help.

I'm still running into an issue where TOC Folders that have a lot of topics (50-70+) don't display anything in Responsive HTML5 Output. Could tweaking the layout.css fix that issue as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will ask.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a TOC with over 2000 topics in Responsive HTML5 and I don't have any problems. So it is very unlikely that it is the number of items in the TOC.

Would it be possible for you to share your project with me? I would like to take a look at what is going on. I had some initial issues setting up my TOC for Responsive HTML5. I ended up applying a conditional build tag correctly that I originally fluked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem doesn't seem to be that the TOC has a lot of topics in total, but that any specific folder in the TOC that has a lot of topics will not display any items. When I delete a number of topics from a TOC folder past a certain threshold, the topics will display in the output, which suggests to me that there's a certain amount of topics that a TOC folder can hold and anything more will cause it to display nothing. I thought about conditional build tags being the problem, but I looked into it and there aren't any CBTs in those TOC folders and there aren't any topic level tags on those topics that aren't on everything else.

I can't send out our project due to proprietary information issues. I have created the following thread and bug report, though.

Re: Table of Contents dropping items in Responsive HTML5 output

Bug#4070141 - Table of Contents in Responsive HTML5 does not display items in folders or subfolders ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same overlap problem and the .css fix did not help. Are there any other possible solutions?Overlapping TOC.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2015 and am merging 6 projects into this one Responsive HTML5 output.

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the fix to each layout in the merge?

Have you tried taking the latest version of the layout from the gallery?

Have you tried using a different layout just for the purposes of testing?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I applied the fix to each layout, including the Parent project, and it now works.

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp