Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Title Folder is Missing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

While working on TOC (Table of Content). By mistake, i have dragged and dropped one of my main TOC folder (several subfolders and topics) Now I cant able to view that folder. But in Content section i have that folders.

Can you Help me how to restore the old TOC ?

Thanks,

Shyam S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag a folder from the Contents panel to the TOC. The topics in the TOC will be in the same order as in the Contents panel but you can rearrange them in the TOC.

The other option would be to go to Explorer and copy the .toc file from a backup. Both projects should be closed. Make sure you have a backup of the current version as well before you start.

Safer to fix it in the current version if you are not sure.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming RH2019 New UI or newer, if you think you dragged it somewhere else in your TOC and can't find it, you can do a search (Ctrl +F) in the TOC for the folder name, then double-click on the folder to open that location in the TOC. Then you could drag and drop it back to the correct place. If the folder appears in multiple places in the TOC, you'll see the folder listed multiple times, so you'll have to double-click on each one to find the one that's in the wrong location.

Also, if you notice straight away that you made a mistake, you can undo the change by clicking the Undo button, or press Ctrl+Z. That will only work if you realise the error immediately, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops. I misread the question. Thanks Amber for giving a better answer.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp