• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic List Blank

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now with Update 12, not a single topic shows in this list although there are about 200 topics in this projects.  And no - I did not set any filter in the properties, and even if I do so, the topics that meet the rules don't show. Refreshed the list with the button in the upper middle of the UI - nothing.

Some weeks ago, under Update 11, everything was fine. What's wrong here?!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

As a workaround, keep scrolling until you reach the bottom of the topic list (because it's "paged" it might take a while), then export. You should get the full report then.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved your post as it is about topics not showing rather than how to apply properties to topics.

It's not a problem that anyone else has reported so nothing to go on.

I think first thing is to open one of the sample projects and see if they are OK. Let us know.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have at least one column ticked in the filters panel? If you untick them all you'll only see checkboxes and no information in the report.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that wasn't visible either - it was just the table head and a blank page below it.

BUT: After a computer restart, all works fine now. Well, kind of - it's somewhat slow, and the sorting isn't reliable at all. But the table rows show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case it helps anyone else with this issue, I just encountered it and found the solution as a restart did not work for me.

I had a filter applied that gave me three topics. I clicked the link to each, made changes including the status and saved. On returning to the topic list it was blank and showing no filters applied.

When the restart didn't work, I found other reports were working so a bit of head scratching. I then selected a filter and got the results for that filter. I then removed the filter and hey presto, all topics restored.

Needless to say, I have reported this.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all the trouble, I found another bug at the Topic List:

Exporting the data to .csv, there are only 100 topics listed even though there where 140+ in the list.

This only happens in the Topic List. In other reports that exceed the 100 items threshold all is fine.

And the .csv file contains all the dividers in a list as a single row containing nothing.
In grouped items only the first record contains the cell data of the first column. That's pointless. To seriously work with this kind of table, you first need to fix all the flaws, so you can search, sort and filter items.

Wouldn't be necessary if the report in RoboHelp would provide reliable sorting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, keep scrolling until you reach the bottom of the topic list (because it's "paged" it might take a while), then export. You should get the full report then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported some issues yesterday. https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-7225

You can add yours there so they all get looked at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I use Robohelp 2020.3.32 and I have the same problem.
Empty Topic list.
Everything was fine in the previous release (2019).
Did you solve this problem ?
Thank you.screen_0005.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screenshot doesn't show the Properties panel on the right. Also you haven't said whether you have looked at the bug that was reported.

Three issues were reported and Item 2 could be relevant. It is an Open report meaning it hasn't been fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp