Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic not appearing in Review Pane

Contributor ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everyone.

I've just created a new topic. But even after rebooting RH 2020.4.173, the new topic does not appear in the Review Pane.

It might be because I've created the new topic in an unsanctioned way. Here's what I did:

1. Copied (ctrl + C) a topic in the TOC (yellow, Screenshot 1)
  2. Pasted it into the TOC; renamed it "Tuition Reimbursement" (green, Screenshot 2)

SCREENSHOT 1:

martinl83372021_0-1621612933543.png

SCREENSHOT 2

martinl83372021_1-1621613055978.png

That's probably not the proper way to create a new topic. My new "Tuition Reimbursement" topic does not appear in the Contents Pane. But I created it that way (copy-and-paste) for efficiency -- the layout and formatting is copied from the original. 

Any advice for me?  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

If you copied then pasted an entry in the TOC, you didn't create a new topic. You only created a new TOC entry that points to the old topic.

I don't have access to RH2020 right now, but in RH2019 you can't create a new topic in the table of contents. As far as I'm aware, you have to create new topics in the Contents area then add them to the TOC.

As I said, I don't have RH2020 at the moment, but the help does not suggest creating a topic has been added as an option (it only mentions Insert T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to add a topic to an existing review? I don't think that can be done.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copied then pasted an entry in the TOC, you didn't create a new topic. You only created a new TOC entry that points to the old topic.

I don't have access to RH2020 right now, but in RH2019 you can't create a new topic in the table of contents. As far as I'm aware, you have to create new topics in the Contents area then add them to the TOC.

As I said, I don't have RH2020 at the moment, but the help does not suggest creating a topic has been added as an option (it only mentions Insert Topic, which appears to only allow adding an existing topic to the TOC.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amber and Peter.

Amber's explantion is correct. I was merely trying to create a new topic in this project. And I now understand I was doing it wrong. Trying to create a topic in the TOC editing pane merely creates a new TOC item, not an actual topic. 

Instead, I should have duplicated a topic in the Contents pane and used that as my new topic.

I'm good, now. Thanks to both of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp