Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics not displaying in Index

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am using new RoboHelp 2019 and have just created an index. When I build my help file only two topics get displayed. I have tried a few different outputs and still the same. I have checked that my index entries actually link to topics but they still don't display. It's really odd that just two topics display. I've checked their properties but can't see anything unusal about them. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

In Classic versions all topics in a project went into the output unless excluded by a build expression. 2019 is different. Topics have to be in the TOC used in the preset. That is why I referred you to two sources of information so that you understood that and to ensure your output included the topics mssing from the index.

Take a look at the Index topic in one of those sources to make sure your index is set up correctly.

Also go to a topic where the index entry is missing and look in Proper

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New UI or Classic? All 9 updates applied? What type of output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using New Robohelp, I haven't applied any updates, I installed it about 3 months ago. Is there a link to install the updates? I have tried with Responsive HTML5 and Microsoft HTML Help but the same problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help > Updates should get you updated.

Are you talking about an index or a table of contents? Maybe you should post some screenshots of what you see in RH and what you see in the HTML5 output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked the Help > Updates and I'm all up to date.

Yes, I am talking about an index. I have this in RoboHelp:

INDEX.png

And this gets displayed when I build the file. I have circled the topics that get built; the others don't.

OUTPUT.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you last updated about three months ago, you will not be up to date. Your version should show 2019.0.9.

Are the topics not showing in the TOC?

The build is now governed by the TOC. See the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project or the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am definitely up to date, when I select the Help > Updates option I get the following message:

UP TO DATE.png

My version is 2019.0.9:

VERSION.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The topics are displaying in the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean when you write 'The build is now governed by the TOC.' I don't understand what this means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Classic versions all topics in a project went into the output unless excluded by a build expression. 2019 is different. Topics have to be in the TOC used in the preset. That is why I referred you to two sources of information so that you understood that and to ensure your output included the topics mssing from the index.

Take a look at the Index topic in one of those sources to make sure your index is set up correctly.

Also go to a topic where the index entry is missing and look in Properties to see if the index entries show there.

Post back.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

In my projects there are few hundred topics. I have upgraded my projects from RH2019 Classic to RH2019 Reimagined (New UI).

When I try to search a a topic with title length 40 characters+, then the following dialog appears in the generated Responsive HTML output in RH2019 Reimagined:
manisha_shejwal_1-1682586192708.png

The highlighted dialog appears after around 10 seconds and when clicked on 'Wait', the same dialog is issued after a while. On clicking 'Exit page', an empty page is displayed.

Also, while trying to add a keyword to associate with the topic index (while adding Topic Properties Index Keyword, RoboHelp stops working abrruptly), RH 2019 Reimagined abruptly stops working.

I will appreciate some help on these issues.

Kind regards,

Manisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What has that got to do with this thread? Please start a new thread as topics with unrelated issues make it difficult to know what relates to what.

Also it's best not to nominate who should answer. People are not available 24/7 and they may not be the best person for the question. It's fine when replying.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the keyword "Storage" linked to a topic? If it's not, I don't think it will display in the index. At least, that was the case for older versions of RH.

I don't have access to RH 2019 at the moment, but there is a difference between the keywords and subkeywords (the entries with a key) and the topic linked to the keyword (the entries with a page). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

The topics were not in the TOC so they didn't show up in the index. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp