• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics not getting published (404 Error) - Robohelp 2020

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! I have tried everything I can think of. Here is the issue: Project created, TOC is correct, I generate and all my topics are in the output. When I publish it adds all my TOC topics but does not include the topic and I can clearly see in my network folder (where publish files go)  that they are not there. It is skipping about 80 topics and they all seem to be at the end of my publish list. It almost feels like its running out of room for the information! I have re-published multiple times. Deleted output and network folder contents for fear of ghost files. I have no idea where to look next to solve this issue.

Error message is correct because the file did not publish. What I can't figure out is why it generates but does not publish.

Error Message is: 404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

LOL sorry about that --- well I am happy to report that the Patch 5 seems to have fixed my issue so I think - my recent update 2020.4.173 had some bugs. Well I am always learning and now I know that if a file is missing I can just manually go add it in my network file! Thanks so much for your help - have a great day!

Chantal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What patch version of RH2020 are you on? When publishing to a network file location, it's usually permissions or security issues that trip you up. If you manually copy all the files from the generated location to your network destination, does it work fine? Was this publish process working fine before & now isn't? If so, what's changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes was working fine ....I recently updated to Version 2020.4.173 but as I went to find that for you I saw another update - a version 5.0 and it meantions bug fixes re publishing so maybe that is my issue. I will update now and see. To answer the other question YES I tried as you suggested putting in the missing files manually in the network destination folder and it fixed it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that response is a little confusing, but give Patch 5 a try & report back if that solved the problem. If it didn't, then you can try some other troubleshooting to see where the issue is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL sorry about that --- well I am happy to report that the Patch 5 seems to have fixed my issue so I think - my recent update 2020.4.173 had some bugs. Well I am always learning and now I know that if a file is missing I can just manually go add it in my network file! Thanks so much for your help - have a great day!

Chantal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's nothing really magical about publishing vs. generating - it's just "doing" the extra step of putting your output into the location (wherever that might be) that you tell it to. At its root, it's just saving you the hassle of copying it over yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp