Highlighted

Topics with a gap at the top of the page

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that has been happening seemingly randomly for a long time. Some topics have a gap at the top of the page while others start at the top as expected. Here's a side by side comparison:

Topic gap.png

The headings for both of these topics use the same style and they use the same css file. I don't see anything in the html that would explain this, as far as I can tell. Anyone have any idea why some topics have a gap at the top?

Topics

Classic, HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Topics with a gap at the top of the page

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that has been happening seemingly randomly for a long time. Some topics have a gap at the top of the page while others start at the top as expected. Here's a side by side comparison:

Topic gap.png

The headings for both of these topics use the same style and they use the same css file. I don't see anything in the html that would explain this, as far as I can tell. Anyone have any idea why some topics have a gap at the top?

Topics

Classic, HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only in the HTML5 output or do you see it happening in the RH project topics? Does it happen if you generate other types of output?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of RoboHelp and is it up to date? There was a similar issue in 2019 fixed in an update.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Robohelp Classic 2019, up to date. When I do a preview in Robohelp for a topic with a gap, there is no gap. I've only tried this in HTML5 output. It's the only output we use.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any master page involved. In the output have you tried specifying the CSS in the layout?

If that doesn't help, try taking a fresh copy of the skin you are using. You will need to give it a different name, perhaps just add "2" at the end.

www.grainge.org

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By comparing generated HTML5 topics with and without the gap, I found that all of the topics with the gap have the following html near the top (possible serial number edited out):

<object id="hhctrl" classid="clsid:[Possible Serial Number?]" 
 width="0" height="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" border="0" type="application/x-oleobject"></object>

I'm not sure what's putting that into the generated files. It seems random. When I remove it from the generated topic html file, the gap disappears.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines