• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Total newbie question: (FM 12 and RH11 - monthly subscription for the latter) - can linkages between source frame files and RH be maintained, or must I author only in RH going forward?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, I'm an experienced tech writer w/prior single source experience using RoboHelp (although many years ago before it was acquired by Adobe) MadCap Flare (somewhat) and Quadralay Webworks (quite extensive). So for all practical experiences at the point in time, I'm a rank RoboHelp beginner. I've been exploring the product for a couple days, including those few lost hours spent fumbling about with the invisible TOC issue (thx Firefox!). Anyway, I'm beginning to suspect that my current arrangement, which includes a permanent Frame installation and a monthly RH subscription, is not what I'd hoped for, being as a linkage between the Frame files and RH doesn't seem to be maintained after import. Am I (hopefully) mistaken on this point? I've been using Frame nearly continuously since the late 1980's. I pretty much know every arcane FrameMaker trick and keyboard shortcut one could ever want to use, and so would like to go on with it as my primary authoring platform, if at all possible. Thx in advance for your assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

The link between FM content & RH is done via the Technical Communication Suite – it has special sauce that enables FM to RH linking.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link between FM content & RH is done via the Technical Communication Suite – it has special sauce that enables FM to RH linking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp