Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transitioning from Innovasys HelpStudio to Robohelp

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is a relatively common scenario. I didn't find a great deal after googling unless it was going from Robohelp to HelpStudio. Anyhow, I have just inherited a project which was created using the aforementioned HelpStudio (also known as Document! X). I would really prefer to avoid purchasing licenses for this tool and use Robohelp instead. Anyone dealt with this before that could advise me?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highly unlikely that you can open up HelpStudio project files in RH. I suspect you will have to go through some intermediate step to get the content into RH. One way would be to use the output product from HS and then use tools like Willam vanWeelden’s “reverse engineering” tool to create a RH project out of it. You may end up having to copy & paste plain text content out of the HS topics & into RH topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for such a prompt answer. It makes a lot of sense. I haven't seen either the output or the source files so far so I don't really know how much work is going to be involved with reverse engineering the project. I'll have a go and post here if I gain any insights along the way, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s the link to Willam’s product - http://www.wvanweelden.eu/product-category/recovery-script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Same issue and same question here And the link to the script seems 'out' for the moment... Any hints welcome !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The site is up again. But the link still won't help you directly. I've moved these scripts to HelpEssentials. Please see: http://www.helpessentials.com/downloads/robohelp-recovery-scripts/

To add to the thread: What kind of output is being produced by HelpStudio? The recovery scripts can recover from an output. But if you have the original files, you might also be able to import the topics into RoboHelp without going through an output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp