• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translation/localization process

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for starting another string, but I've search on 'translation' and 'localization' to find answers to my questions and have come up with nothing.So...

We are localizing our online help project (Robohelp 11 compiled as RoboHTML) into several languages. When we did this several years ago, we just uploaded the entire project to the translation vendor and it came back localized.

Apparently they no longer use RoboHelp, or even know what it is, so they want us JUST to send them the .HTM files. It seems though, that they would need more than that for the glossary, index and TOC. I can include the .glo, .hhc and index file - but is that enough?

Does anyone have an actual process of doing this that they could share - that includes what files from the project need to be sent to the translation vendor?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll have to include the .hhc, .hhk and .glo as you indicate. If you use snippets, you will also have to provide them with the .hts files. And if you use variables, include the rhvariable.apj. It does mean that you'll be sending them almost the entire project not just the .htm files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp